There are plenty of ways to improve your Google search ranking. However, one of the best places to start is by increasing your E-A-T, also known as expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness. With just a few changes, you’ll begin ranking higher for the keywords you’re targeting in no time!
This may leave you wondering why you haven’t seen results with your current SEO strategy. Leave the work to us and request our free Q4Launch Hospitality SEO Marketing Grader to pinpoint the exact areas of your website that need improvement! Get your analysis and take the first step toward improving your website’s ranking on Google.
Want to See Where to Improve Your Site?
Request our Q4Launch Hospitality SEO Marketing Grader
Improve Your Google Search Ranking by Increasing Your E-A-T
What Is E-A-T?
On August 1, 2018, Google rolled out an update that put a significant focus on E-A-T. Rather than rewarding keyword-stuffed content and web pages with vast amounts of content on various topics, the algorithm scans pages for quality content. Just before this update came out, Google also updated its Quality Evaluator Guidelines to emphasize this change. So, what are the best ways to convey expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness on your website? And, what are some steps you can take to quickly improve what you have? Let’s take a look.
When creating content for your website, you have to show you’re an expert in your respective field that consistently produces quality content. This helps to build your website’s reputation; that is, the degree to which your website is a reliable source of information. You can show expertise in a few ways:
- Get rid of freelancers and hire professional writers who are well-versed in content marketing.
- Choose effective keyword phrases for SEO that answer the user’s question and align with your brand.
- Make sure you optimize your images. Great content isn’t just in the writing!
- If you link to a source in your content, make sure you’re linking to sites that also have expertise in their respective fields and a good reputation.
Authoritativeness is made up of two main features: maintaining both the quality and frequency of your content. So, now that you, as an expert, know how to create great content, you need to share it and continue producing! Though it takes time to build authoritativeness, if done consistently, Google will reward you with an improved ranking. Here are a few methods to speed up the process:
- Consistently share your content on social media. If you need help gaining followers, learn how to get some traction using our free Q4Launch Hospitality Social Media Guide.
- Make sure that your overall brand is consistent across all platforms.
- Target mobile devices; they give people access to the internet 24/7, after all!
- Reach out to reputable sources that already mention your company on their website and ask them to add a link to your site, too.
Trustworthiness goes hand in hand with both authoritativeness and expertise. Trust is built off of what users think about your web pages now that they’re following you on social media and reading your quality content. While much of the legwork is already done, there are still a few ways to maintain a sense of trust with Google and the user.
- Reviews are a crucial factor for Google, especially reviews on your Google My Business page. Encourage people through social media to give you excellent reviews, and you’ll start to see your rank on Google shift.
- Be on the lookout for broken links. Broken links provide bad user experience, and will cause readers and search engines to lose trust in your website. Frequently monitor your site to make sure you don’t have any.
- Never use link baiting as an SEO tactic. You need to answer the question the user is seeking when they search a specific keyword phrase. Don’t create content just to generate traffic to unrelated content on your site; be sure it aligns with the keyword phrase.
Don’t Get Overwhelmed. Q4Launch Can Help!
As marketing experts, we can help improve your Google search ranking in no time. Don’t worry about keeping up with creating weekly content, continually posting to social media, or always being on the lookout for broken links. Q4Launch will help manage every aspect of your site to not only boost your search engine rankings but to also reach your business goals. Set up a free consultation with us and take the stress out of marketing!
Leave Your Marketing to Us!
Request a free consultation with Q4Launch